Bringing together scientists, engineers, clinicians, translation specialists, and the spinal cord injury community, to address the grand challenge of repairing the spinal cord after injury.
Mend the Gap is about integrating recent scientific advances and accelerating efforts towards a regenerative treatment for spinal cord injury. If you want to join our collaborative team that connects academia, healthcare, industry and the spinal cord injury community, please contact us.
Participating institutions, non-profits and charities
Mend the Gap is composed of 12 academic institutions and 3 non-profit and charitable organizations from five countries, each contributing key expertise. Links to these entities can be found below.
- University of British Columbia (UBC)
- Simon Fraser University (SFU)
- University of Victoria (UVic)
- University of Alberta (UofA)
- Western University (Western)
- University of Toronto (UoT)
- McGill University (McGill)
- Case Western Reserve University (Case)
- Rice University (Rice)
- DWI Leibniz Institute for Interactive Materials (DWI)
- Karolinska Institute (Karolinska)
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Electromaterial Science (ACES)
Non-Profit / Charitable Organizations
Mend the Gap is supported by the Government of Canada’s New Frontiers in Research Fund (NFRF).
Le projet Mend the Gap est financé par le Fonds Nouvelles frontières en recherche du gouvernement du Canada (FNFR).
We are grateful for support from the UBC VPRI Grants for Catalyzing Research Clusters, through the Bionics Network, as well as associated UBC faculties, departments, centres and institutes.